At Drug Free Kids Canada we take your privacy very seriously. We do not sell, share or rent any personally identifying information about you.
I. Information You Submit
The information we receive depends upon what you do when visiting our site. If you choose to submit a comment or question to the “Contact Us” submission page, we will request your e-mail address only if you ask for a response. We will store the address only long enough to respond to your request. Once we have responded, we will purge your e-mail address from our records.
If you choose to submit comments or messages to one of our forum areas, DrugFreeKidsCanada.org will adhere to the following guidelines:
In order to submit comments, we require the following information:
Screen Name (or first name only, NOT your full legal name)
- If you are an AOL user, please be sure to alter the screen name you submit to us, because AOL screen names function as e-mail addresses too.
The following registration information is optional:
City and/or Province of Residence
Please note that none of the information we require through the registration process is personally identifiable information.
II. Information Collected and Stored Automatically
- We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our Web site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the TheAntiDrug.com from another Web site, the address of that Web site.
On certain Web pages, we may use a certain type of “cookie” – what is known as a “session” cookie – to help you use our Web site interactively. Cookies are data a Web site can send to your browser. Session cookies (also known as session variables) are kept in your browser’s memory and are purged after your browser session is over. Session cookies are used to keep track of passwords, preferences, orders and various other aspects of a user’s “session” within a Web site. We may use session cookies to improve your interaction with selected pages on the site. We do not use session cookies to track or personally identify users. Further, we do not make use of “persistent cookies” – another type of cookie that, when used, are stored on your hard drive and can be used to track Web users over time and across Web sites.
You should be aware that when you are on DrugFreeKidsCanada.org, you could be directed to other sites that are beyond our control, because there are linked to other sites outside of DrugFreeKidsCanada.org. These other sites may collect data or solicit personal information. Always be aware of where you end up on the Web.
IV. Security, Intrusion, Detection Language
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited.
V. Notification of Changes
VI. Contact Information
Drug Free Kids Canada – DFK Canada
1335 Carling Avenue
1335 Carling Avenue
Phone: 416 – 479 – 6972